Public Speaking Skills Course for Non-Native Speakers of English
Corporate English Language Training Program for Companies
In this Public Speaking Skills Course students will learn to speak in public, make presentations and participate in discussions effectively.
The Public Speaking Skills Course focuses on building effective public speaking skills with attention to pronunciation and rhetorical considerations, impromptu speaking skills, use of visuals and managing Questions & Answers from an audience. Presentations will be video-recorded for analysis and instructor feedback. Assignments will include pronunciation exercises, review of self-recorded presentations, self-evaluations, and meeting with the instructor for review of pronunciation and presentation feedback.
Public Speaking Skills Course Objective:
- Elements of effective delivery styles
- Audience awareness and rapport
- Rhetorical considerations in organizing content
- Word stress and intonation patterns
- Effective visuals
- Impromptu speaking skills
- Q & A management
Public Speaking Skills Course Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the Public Speaking Skills Course, participants are expected to:
- Recognize their own presentation style and improve their delivery
- See improvement in pronunciation, word stress and word choice
- Develop confidence while speaking in public
- Make presentations and participate in discussions effectively
- Learn the common strategies used by public speakers to engage an audience and manage Q&As
Language Connections offers group and private classes with content tailored to the needs of your company.
For more information contact our Language Training Department:
Phone: (617) 731-3700